ROBERT MAHANTI, M.D.
A graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara, Robert L. Mahanti, M.D. went on to Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, MI. Dr. Mahanti completed his Post-Doctoral training as Resident in Ophthalmology at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis. He also completed a Fellowship in Refractive Surgery. Dr. Mahanti is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Mahanti has been in private Ophthalmology practice in the Arizona area since 1992. He enjoys golfing, flying, and spending time with his family.
In addition to his clinical appointments, Dr. Mahanti maintains memberships in several professional societies, including:
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Dr. Mahanti’s international experience includes:
- Ophthalmologist, LBJ Tropical Medical Center, American Samoa
- Invited teacher with J. Charles Casebeer M.D. to teach and demonstrate radial keratotomy and automated lamellar keratoplasty in India. Courses taught in Ahmedabad, Madras, and Hyderabad.
- Invited guest to teach cataract surgery, Jinan Center Hospital, Jinan, China.
Dr. Mahanti has given numerous presentations and has published articles in his areas of expertise involving Ophthalmology.